Requirement Document generator tool

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Jan 28 22:15:12 UTC 2020

On 28/1/20 10:22 pm, Christian Mauderer wrote:
> I'm quite indifferent which style we use

But you are arguing a position, such as ...

> but do you really think that it
> is a good idea to roll our own RTEMS-Python-style instead of using one
> of the big ones (like PEP8, Google or some other that might is a better
> fit for existing code). Rolling our own would lead to:
>
> 1. Long discussions about what is THE RIGHT STYLE (already started in
> this mail).
>
> 2. A lot of problems that there is no tool that formats or checks
> whether code is in THE RIGHT STYLE.
>
> 3. More discussions later because some other developer thinks that THE
> RIGHT STYLE is wrong.

I wrote the code, I know it and I need to maintain it. All I am asking is if
pre-qual wants rules then I suggest they find some common ground.

I wonder how libbsd.py goes with these rules. Also all the wscript files which
are also python and also the RSB would be covered.