build error in testsuites libtests

Kuan-Hsun Chen c0066c at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 13:24:56 UTC 2020

Hello all,

I tried to build RTEMS 5 and RTEMS 6 via RSB on Debian. It seems to me that
libtests in testsuites use rtems-bin2c with option "-N" which is not
supported anymore:
rtems-bin2c -N dl06_tar -C dl06-pre.tar dl06-pre-tar.c
usage: bin2c [-csvzCH] <input_file> <output_file>
  <input_file> is the binary file to convert
  <output_file> should not have a .c or .h extension

The bsp target I use is realview_pbx_a9_qemu and I use the following flags:
../rtems/configure --target=arm-rtems5
--enable-rtemsbsp=realview_pbx_a9_qemu_smp --enable-smp --enable-tests=yes

Is there a remedy for this already?

Best,
Kuan-Hsun