[GSoC 2020: Daily Update]: Building EPICS with RTEMS5

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Jul 10 22:17:12 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 5:14 PM Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org> wrote:

> Wading in late but I thought I saw something that was contradictory:
>
> Build BSP with --enable-networking
> Code needs rtems-libbsd
>
> If the code needs rtems-libbsd, then you MUST build fill with
> --disable-networking.
>
> If EPICS code needs rtems-libbsd, that limits the number of BSPs that can
> be used but you need to always use libbsd.

Including <sys/termios.h> means it can't be built with the old network
stack as best I can tell:

 find rtems rtems-libbsd/ tools/5/sparc-rtems5/include/ -name termios.h
rtems-libbsd/freebsd-org/include/termios.h
rtems-libbsd/freebsd-org/sys/sys/termios.h
tools/5/sparc-rtems5/include/machine/termios.h
tools/5/sparc-rtems5/include/termios.h

Can sys/termios.h be changed to <termios.h>? That would allow EPICS to
compile with both TCPIP stacks.