[GSoC 2020: Daily Update]: Building EPICS with RTEMS5

Heinz Junkes junkes at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Sat Jul 11 14:46:08 UTC 2020

It's not my experience.

I made my first attempts with RTEMS5 for a beatnik-board (MVME6100).
For this I created the BSP like this:

 cd build/b-beatnik
    ../../rtems/configure --enable-maintainer-mode --prefix=$HOME/RTEMS/rtems-5 --target=powerpc-rtems5 --enable-rtemsbsp="beatnik" --enable-posix --enable-cxx --enable-networking

Through "--enable-networking" I was able to use the "old" rtems-bsdnet. With NTP, NFS etc. .

At the moment I am in the process of using the "new" netbsd. For this I am no longer allowed to specify "--enable-networking" when building the bsp. That's what it says
in the documentation and it works. The old NFS also works with it, it just lacks NTP (or PTP). And what I still miss very much is the support for the RTC and above all
the libpci to access the vmebus.
So I played a little with xilinx-zynq and beaglebone. Now I make the rtems_init at EPICS dependent on
xilinx_zynq_zedboard/make/bsp.cfg:HAS_NETWORKING = no (new bsdlib)
beatnik/make/bsp.cfg:HAS_NETWORKING = yes (old rtemsbsd code)

Gruss Heinz