[GSoC 2020: Daily Update]: Building EPICS with RTEMS5

Mritunjay Sharma mritunjaysharma394 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 18:04:47 UTC 2020

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 2:07 AM Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 12:14 PM Mritunjay Sharma
> <mritunjaysharma394 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Apologies for the delay in response,
> > It’s an important update that I want to give to my mentors that my
> current development laptop showed some problems yesterday and which
> worsened today.
> >
> > I have submitted my laptop for repair. The good thing is that I have the
> backup of the work done till day and I have arranged a spare laptop as well
> which will be available tomorrow.
> >
> > Configuring and setting up my laptop for the development may take a
> couple of days and so I will like to request you all to kindly pardon my
> inactivity for the next 2 days.
> >

> Meanwhile, you may also think about reading/writing some more
> documentation, or planning out your next steps.

Yes, Gedare, I did exactly the same today and wrote this beginner-friendly
tutorial to
introduce more beginners like me to RTEMS community.
The link to blog is:
https://medium.com/@mritunjaysharma394/installing-rtems-ecosystem-and-building-your-first-bsp-993d1cf38902

The spare laptop is also arranged and almost configured. Only a few
tweaks remaining.
I will publish more blogs tomorrow related to EPICS+RTEMS and QEMU.

I will certainly request Heinz, Chris and You to help me decide what should
be my next steps now and
what should be the goal for the following week.

Thanks
Mritunjay