[GSoC 2020: Daily Update]: Building EPICS with RTEMS5

Mritunjay Sharma mritunjaysharma394 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 19:03:48 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

Good news is that my new system is fully functional now with
the development environment and I resumed the work today.

What I was trying to do was build EPICS 7 with RTEMS 5 by hand
for pc-386.

As advised in the thread, in my new system, I built pc-386 with
'--enable-networking' and used the epics 'playground' code of
Heinz to do 'make' in epics-base.

Few errors came which I was able to remove by installing a few dependencies.
However, the below-mentioned error is something that I haven't been able to
resolve for now:

`./posix/rtems_init.c:38:10: fatal error: rtems/bsd/bsd.h: No such file or
directory
 #include <rtems/bsd/bsd.h>
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[4]: ***
[/home/mritunjay/development/EPICS/epics-playground/configure/RULES_BUILD:235:
rtems_init.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory
'/home/mritunjay/development/EPICS/epics-playground/modules/libcom/RTEMS/O.RTEMS-pc386'
make[3]: ***
[/home/mritunjay/development/EPICS/epics-playground/configure/RULES_ARCHS:58:
install.RTEMS-pc386] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory
'/home/mritunjay/development/EPICS/epics-playground/modules/libcom/RTEMS'
make[2]: ***
[/home/mritunjay/development/EPICS/epics-playground/configure/RULES_DIRS:84:
RTEMS.install] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory
'/home/mritunjay/development/EPICS/epics-playground/modules/libcom'
make[1]: *** [../configure/RULES_DIRS:84: libcom.install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
'/home/mritunjay/development/EPICS/epics-playground/modules'
make: *** [configure/RULES_DIRS:84: modules.install] Error 2
`

Please help me how to fix these and also guide on what should be my target
this week? What should be my next steps?

Thanks
Mritunjay