A question about rtems license

smallphd at aliyun.com smallphd at aliyun.com
Sat Jul 18 09:45:45 UTC 2020

Hi,
There is a project using rtems as a real time os in an arm cortex R5 bsp.  Primary RTEMS License says that RTEMS is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under terms of the GPL.
As a special exception, including RTEMS header files in a file, instantiating RTEMS generics or templates, or linking other files with RTEMS objects to produce an executable application, does not by itself cause the resulting executable application to be covered by the GPL.
I draw a picture to describe this special exception:
There are "rtems src", "rtems header" and our "application".  The "rtems src" will be compiled to a lib called "rtems lib".  If our "application" includes "rtems header" and linkes with "rtems lib", then our "application" does not follow GPL.

OK, here is my question: we modify some code in "rtems src" and build it to "rtems lib2".  If our "application" includes "rtems header" and linkes with "rtems lib2", whether or not our "application" should follow GPL?
(of course, rtems src2 should follow GPL)

smallphd at aliyun.com