rtems-libbsd: 6-freebsd-12 branch

Christian Mauderer christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de
Wed Jul 29 06:42:19 UTC 2020

Hello Gedare, Chris and Sebastian,

to summarize: I'll create a 6-freebsd-12 branch with the new commits.

Regarding documentation: We have a "Branches" Section in the README.md
of the libbsd. Sebastian added it in 2019:

https://git.rtems.org/rtems-libbsd/commit/README.md?id=5754194298a9210c8c1a9ac9f1ec800b7671b0fb

If it is OK, I'll just update the description with the new branches.

I didn't find a good location in the rtems-docs repo. We don't have a
lot of documentation for libbsd there.

@Chris: You wanted to collect every location where we have to update a
description or version number after a release. I think the libbsd
Branches section in the README.md is one of these locations too. Beneath
that there is a

   rtems_version = "5"

in the libbsd wscript. I think you had a ticket to collect these
changes? Or is it a section in the documentation?

Best regards

Christian

On 29/07/2020 06:09, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 9:29 PM Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:

>>> If not: Would it rather be a 6-freebsd-stable branch? With that name we
>>> can update it to 13 as soon as FreeBSD makes that jump.
>>
>> I think 6-freebsd-12. I am not sure about using stable as a user tracking the
>> branch may get a surprise when it jumps to from 12 to 13.
>>
>> Please add a 6-freebsd-12 branch.
>>
>> It would be nice something was added to the eng manual on this topic.
>>

> At the very least, it should be well-documented in the libbsd README.
>
>> Thanks
>> Chris

embedded brains GmbH
Herr Christian Mauderer