rtems-libbsd: 6-freebsd-12 branch

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Jul 29 07:00:54 UTC 2020

On 29/7/20 4:42 pm, Christian Mauderer wrote:
> Hello Gedare, Chris and Sebastian,
>
> to summarize: I'll create a 6-freebsd-12 branch with the new commits.

+1

> Regarding documentation: We have a "Branches" Section in the README.md
> of the libbsd. Sebastian added it in 2019:
>
> https://git.rtems.org/rtems-libbsd/commit/README.md?id=5754194298a9210c8c1a9ac9f1ec800b7671b0fb
>
> If it is OK, I'll just update the description with the new branches.
>
> I didn't find a good location in the rtems-docs repo. We don't have a
> lot of documentation for libbsd there.

Yes however we need to make a start. We either need a big push to add it all or
we start with the pieces we know. For example we need to document signals do not
wake calls blocked in libbsd, ie select, read etc.

> @Chris: You wanted to collect every location where we have to update a
> description or version number after a release. I think the libbsd
> Branches section in the README.md is one of these locations too. Beneath
> that there is a
>
>    rtems_version = "5"
>
> in the libbsd wscript. I think you had a ticket to collect these
> changes? Or is it a section in the documentation?

Please add this location and please add a post branch task to add a new branch
to libbsd.

Thanks