LVGL applications with mouse

Christian Mauderer oss at c-mauderer.de
Fri Jun 5 15:00:18 UTC 2020

Hello Vijay,

On 04/06/2020 21:36, Vijay Kumar Banerjee wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I had been looking for an opportunity to do this for a long time and I'm
> excited to post that LVGL apps on RTEMS can now use input devices
> through the evdev interface!

Sounds like a nice feature.

> I prepared some BSD evdev patches for lvgl repository and managed to get
> them merged upstream. The patchset that I recently send to devel for
> libbsd[1] and rtems-littlevgl[2], updates the rtems-libbsd and
> rtems-littlevgl repository to adapt to the latest lvgl changes upstream
> and adds the evdev support to rtems-littlevgl.
>
> I wrote an example lvgl application that uses the mouse, connected
> through USB port of Beaglebone black. The example application uses the
> RTEMS logo, which makes it a bit heavier patch for the devel. I have
> posted the commit on my github fork [3] and would really appreciate it
> if someone can review and approve it to merge upstream.

Although most likely touch screens are more common in embedded systems,
it's a good example. A lot of touchscreens should work via evdev too.

Regarding the logo size: Also an RTEMS logo is a nice idea, maybe
something smaller would be better to avoid that big file in the repo?
Depending on how you generated the image: Maybe some run length encoding
could reduce the size too (for example GIMP offers an option for that
when exporting images to C sources).

> Finally, please have a look at this very short video that shows the
> example application running. It uses many features of lvgl, including
> image, button, and input:
> https://blog.thelunatic.dev/assets/video/lvgl_rtems_logo.mp4

Looks great.

Best regards