GSoC 2020: [rtems/rsb]: Error while adding ptp support. This time building for xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Jun 11 00:25:57 UTC 2020

On 5/6/20 6:03 pm, Jan.Sommer at dlr.de wrote:
> We came across the PPSi library for PTP support some time ago: https://ohwr.org/project/ppsi
> In their documentation its says they started with ptpd and then made an overhaul of the source code.

Interesting. Did you check the licenses and authors?

A search for "ptp v2.1.0" lists PTP v2.1.0 in SF and github. The github repo
seems a more recent version of the SF repo but they seem similar. The PPSi code
is GPLv2 and the SF and github code is 2C-BSD and the list of copyright holders
is different.

> They also claim portability as one of their goals. We haven't had time to look at it closer yet, but the projects looks a bit more active and seems to have the CERN behind it.

Then I hope the copyright is in order.

> Maybe it is worth checking out, if ptpd keeps making trouble.

It is GPL when the other code I have looked at it BSD.