Documentation of Qualification Toolchain?

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Jun 24 00:48:27 UTC 2020

On 19/6/20 11:38 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> the qualification toolchain in
>
> https://git.rtems.org/sebh/rtems-qual.git/
>
> needs a bit of documentation. For a start, I propose to add it to the
> RTEMS Software Engineering manual.

Does this mean adding references to that repo?

I am not comfortable with the name of the repo and documenting a
personal repo is something we should avoid.

I see the name rtems-qual.git as the project or outcome name that is
currently undersay and not what it is. If a core developer does not need
to use this repo to maintain RTEMS and that work can be qualified what
role does it perform? If it is simpler and easier for a core developer
to use this repo then this is not about qualification it is about
development of RTEMS that can be qualified.

I would like to understand the intended workflow for this repo. Is
something we should promote as the developer workflow? If so we should
consider embracing this. For example the glossary generation. Editing by
hand the generated output does not make sense to me.

I have a concern about the long term maintenance of a git repo of git
repos. I know of a project that have developed tools to handle something
like this because it is hard to do manually. Maybe we should find out
more about this.