RTEMS 5 has branch

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri Jun 26 05:18:41 UTC 2020

Hello,

The RTEMS release repos have been branched for RTEMS 5. I am preparing
RC1 now and I hope it will be available shortly. I will provide a
separate announcement for it.

The 5.1.0-rc1 release candidate will be very close to the 5.0.0-m2006-2
snapshot. The RC2 candidate will have a cleaned RSB (see #4014).

All release branch pushes need a ticket.

The master is now open for RTEMS 6 changes. The main focus of RTEMS 6 is
a build system change for rtems.git. If you have other items you think
should be part of 6 please add them to the releases page in the Trac
Wiki [1]. My hope is the turn around for RTEMS 6 is not too long.

If a patch is pushed to any of the release repos that changes a version
number there needs to be a patch for the engineering manual that
documents the change. I would like to collection all the changes that
need to be made post branching. I am currently working on updating the
release procedure section to provide a suitable location for these
additions.

Major changes in RTEMS 6 and beyond will need to make sure the release
process is updated and working. If your changes effect the release
process it needs to be flagged and the release process updated at the
time of the merge.

Thanks
Chris

[1] https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Release/6