RTEMS 6

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Sat Jun 27 21:34:19 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020, 1:11 PM Sebastian Huber <

> Hello,
>
> in the rtems-release repository we have a rtems-notes-5.txt file. Should
> I already add an rtems-notes-6.txt so that we can build up this file
> already during the development cycle?

A human written record will be better than hundreds of tickets. Summarised
and more useful.

We also need to be careful to backport big fixes to 5.x. This release
series will be the foundation of a projects I expect. We didn't do a good
job of dot releases on 4.11 IMO.

> Should I prepare a GCC 10 based RTEMS 6 tool chain now? This will
> require a couple of GCC machine option changes for powerpc and arm.

Are you killing spe BSPs?

> Should we remove the obsolete architectures and BSPs before or after the
> build system integration?

Epiphany is the only architecture I know that had taken to tier 4 and
removal discussed. What else do you have in mind and why?