RTEMS 5 has branch

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Mon Jun 29 04:56:32 UTC 2020

On 27/6/20 4:20 am, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 26/06/2020 07:18, Chris Johns wrote:
>
>> If a patch is pushed to any of the release repos that changes a
>> version number there needs to be a patch for the engineering manual
>> that documents the change. I would like to collection all the changes
>> that need to be made post branching. I am currently working on
>> updating the release procedure section to provide a suitable location
>> for these additions.
>
> Is there already a script to change the version? If not, should we add one?

There is no script. I think there should be time. At this point in time
I was wanting to document that we have to do.

> One option would be to add it to the rtems-qual repository and use these
> three items as the master data:
>
> https://git.rtems.org/sebh/rtems.git/tree/spec/build/cpukit/optvermaj.yml?h=build
>

> https://git.rtems.org/sebh/rtems.git/tree/spec/build/cpukit/optvermin.yml?h=build
>

> https://git.rtems.org/sebh/rtems.git/tree/spec/build/cpukit/optverrev.yml?h=build
>

> All the release repositories need to be added added as submodules (RSB,
> rtems, rtems-docs) is already there.

I think this is a good idea and supports the kind of direction I see the
central repo heading. The sooner we have it's name changed and moved to
the top level the better.

Also I am coming to the view the release scripts needs to be transformed
into python. The complexity needed is pushing the easy of maintenance.