New Build System: Can't include headers

Niteesh G. S. niteesh.gs at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 15:13:24 UTC 2020

Hello,

https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2020-June/060145.html
As agreed on the above mail I have started to create patches based
on the new build system. But I encountered a few issues related to
the inclusion of header files. I am using one of my patches as an example
to illustrate the issues.

The BUILD System was pulled from Sebastians build branch (
https://git.rtems.org/sebh/rtems.git/log/?h=build )

PROJECT STRUCTURE:
The FreeBSD files imported to RTEMS are placed under
cpukit/libfreebsd/freebsd
They follow the same file structure as in FreeBSD ( COMMIT [1] ).

I have also implemented a few structures to make porting from FreeBSD
easier and reduce the amount of redundant code. These files are *currently*
placed under cpukit/libfreebsd/rtems ( COMMIT [2] )

The spec file for libfreebsd is objfreebsd.yml [3] with the following
contents in the
include path. We currently don't install anything.
install: []
includes:
- cpukit/libfreebsd
- cpukit/libfreebsd/freebsd
- cpukit/libfreebsd/freebsd/sys
- cpukit/libfreebsd/rtems

The files discussed here have the following structure

ti_pinmux.c, ti_pinmux.h, ti_cpuid.h are present under
libfreebsd/freebsd/sys/arm/ti

bus.c, device.h, bus.h are present under
libfreebsd/rtems

For full list of files please refer to [4]

ISSUES:
1) Can't include headers present under libfreebsd in BSPs directory.
For eg: I want to include ti_cpuid.h [5] in BSP directory but can't do so
even though the path has been added to the spec file. [3]
In beagle/bspstart.c:
#include <arm/ti/ti_cpuid.h>
throws an error even though the path has been added in the spec file.

2) Is it possible to have two same files one in RTEMS and other in
RTEMS-libBSD
without collision? At least with different install paths?
For eg: The openfirm.h in RTEMS under something like
libfreebsd/dev/ofw/openfirm.h
And the open in libBSD as it is done currently.
So this way we can include the RTEMS variant with
#include <libfreebsd/dev/ofw/openfirm.h>

Thanks,
Niteesh

[1]
https://github.com/gs-niteesh/rtems/commit/4e7b3cd7c3f8e6ea71f7a1e988562b0b7a5a540e