RTEMS Release Notes Generator - GSoC Project

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Mar 4 02:24:04 UTC 2020

On 4/3/20 1:04 pm, Denil Verghese wrote:
> I've read the ticket page at https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3314, but it was
> last modified a couple of years ago. I would like to know if there are any
> changes or information that are missing from the ticket.
>
> I have intermediate knowledge on python, have a good grasp on both HTML and CSS
> and basic level on XML.

Thank you for the interest.

I have updated the ticket. The existing work can be found in this repo ...

https://github.com/dh0072/ReleaseNotesGenerator

There is working code to fetch the tickets from Trac. The next stage is to
generate ReST output from the data that can built into HTML or PDF by Sphinx.

There is existing MarkDown support but it not right or suitable for use. I am
not sure how usable that part of the code is.