RTEMS Release Notes Generator - GSoC Project

Denil Verghese denilcv3 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 15:59:06 UTC 2020

Thanks, I'll check it out.

On Wed, 4 Mar, 2020, 7:54 AM Chris Johns, <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:

> On 4/3/20 1:04 pm, Denil Verghese wrote:
> > I've read the ticket page at https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3314, but
> it was
> > last modified a couple of years ago. I would like to know if there are
> any
> > changes or information that are missing from the ticket.
> >
> > I have intermediate knowledge on python, have a good grasp on both HTML
> and CSS
> > and basic level on XML.
>
> Thank you for the interest.
>
> I have updated the ticket. The existing work can be found in this repo ...
>
> https://github.com/dh0072/ReleaseNotesGenerator

> There is working code to fetch the tickets from Trac. The next stage is to
> generate ReST output from the data that can built into HTML or PDF by
> Sphinx

I will complete the remaining task.Will the project good enough for GSoC or
should I do some additional work?

There is existing MarkDown support but it not right or suitable for use. I
> am
> not sure how usable that part of the code is.
>
> Chris

Since, I knows how to scrape web-pages could I use that to get comments
associated with each ticket?

Denil Verghese