Specification of Application Configuration Options

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Mar 6 09:44:06 UTC 2020

Hello,

I would like to continue to work on the specification of RTEMS. My next
area are the application configuration options:

https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/c-user/configuring_a_system.html

Similar to the glossary of terms

https://git.rtems.org/sebh/rtems-qual.git/tree/spec/glos

I plan to add specification items for configuration categories and
options. From these items I would like to generate the Sphinx sources, a
Doxygen file, and parts of the Interface Control Document (ICD), similar to

https://git.rtems.org/sebh/rtems-qual.git/tree/rtemsqual/glossary.py

Currently, the license of the documentation is CC-BY-SA-4.0. For the
Doxygen file it would be nice to use a dual licensing CC-BY-SA-4.0 or
BSD-2-Clause. I would like to update the copyright statements in
c-user/configuring_a_system.rst and change the license to:

.. SPDX-License-Identifier: CC-BY-SA-4.0 OR BSD-2-Clause

Unfortunately, this license change is not covered by:

https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3053

Chris, Gedare and Joel (OAR) would you mind giving the permission to add
the BSD-2-Clause license as an alternative to the CC-BY-SA-4.0 to
documentation parts which are included in the RTEMS sources?