Project Query for #3855 (BSP Buildset for EPICS)

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Mon Mar 9 15:46:55 UTC 2020

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 7:31 AM Mritunjay Sharma
<mritunjaysharma394 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you, Chris, for such a detailed description of my query.
> Yes, sure. I would be more than happy to help with this fantastic idea proposed by Joel. I think I need to reschedule a few things in my proposal now. So before things start looking cleaner in my proposal, can we discuss more on our Bonus Project? Also, do I have to modify the title of the proposal now on https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/GSoC/2020 ?

No you don't need to modify the title.

The bonus task would be to carry out similar activities:
* compile CFS by hand, create an RSB "recipe" to build it, then
integrate it with vertical buildset configuration.
* create vertical buildsets for PC, Raspberry Pi, and other boards.
** EPICS community uses many powerpc boards so adding something there
would be good.
** Adding buildsets for the commonly available simulators would be good.

My understanding is that building EPICS7 with RTEMS5 is currently
non-trivial. I have CC'd Heinz Junkes from EPICS community, and he has
agreed intention to co-mentor/advise this project. He is the main
person that has been doing work with EPICS7/RTEMS5 so this will be a
great resource to lean on.