Hello world and query about a project availability

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Thu Mar 12 19:23:38 UTC 2020

Hi Richi,

Welcome. The "Improve the SMP Scheduler" will require strong C
programming skills before the summer. You will be expected to
demonstrate that during the proposal period. I'm the only likely
mentor for that project this year, and I haven't decided if I will
mentor any projects, or which project I might mentor if I do. So it
can be a bit risky to pursue that project, but if you are passionate
about it and have the required capabilities, then you should start to
prepare a proposal and convince me that I should mentor you :).

The project itself is a straightforward implementation from the
current skeleton of the scheduler. So you will want to also include
some "extension" activities in case you complete the scheduler
quickly.

You should add yourself to https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/GSoC/2020

Gedare