BSP Wiki Clean Up

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Mon Mar 16 22:27:45 UTC 2020

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 1:35 PM Mritunjay Sharma <
mritunjaysharma394 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The updated list of to be removed BSPs. Please check:

One of us should have mentioned that there is a script at the top of the
RTEMS source tree
named "rtems-bsps which prints a report with all BSPs. Makes this a bit
easier.

> To be removed BSPs
>
> ARM BSPs
> 1) Cogent CSB637 --csb637
> 2) Cogent Kit637_v6 -- kit637 v6

These two are variants of csb337

> 3) GamePark? Holdings GP2X -- gp2x

I concur with gp32. I deleted it.

> Motorola M68xxx and Coldfire BSPs
> 1) Generic MC68302 -- gen68302

I concur and deleted this.

> 2) ods68302

I concur and deleted this.

> MIPS BSPs
> 1) Generic IDT 4600 -- p4000
> 2) Generic IDT 4650 -- p4650

I concur and deleted these.

> PowerPC BSPs
> 1) BAE RAD750 3U and 6U -- rad750

Unfortunately, we will have to discuss this. This is a restricted
distribution
BSP that is available from NASA. This is used on a few missions.

> 2) DY-4 DMV177 -- dmv177?
> 3) Frasca ETHCOMM -- eth comm
> 4) Generic PPC405 -- gen405
> 5) IMD Helas 403 -- helas403?

These I concur and addressed.

> 6) Motorola MVME2400 -- mvme2400?
> 7) Motorola MVME2600 -- mvme2600
> 8) Motorola MVME2700 -- mvme2700

These are odd. They are supported by the motorola_powerpc BSP. One variant
of it supports all the mvme2xxx boards, mtx603e, and mcp750.

> SPARC BSPs
> 1) SPARC Instruction Simulator (sis) -- obsoleted in 5.1.

I thought there was more content in that page. But it is low value. I
deleted it.

I also deleted the leon2 page as low value.

On your next pass, look for BSP pages which look like very minimal
descriptions
of the board hardware with no useful information about how to use the board
with
RTEMS. :)

--joel