Description of rtems-libbsd testsuite applications

Gabriel.Moyano at dlr.de Gabriel.Moyano at dlr.de
Tue Mar 17 13:19:17 UTC 2020

Hello Sebastian,

I followed your recommendations regarding rtems_test_begin(), rtems_test_end() and RTEMS_TEST_STATE_USER_INPUT. Now I'm working on getting running the rtems-libbsd testsuit with RTEMS Tester.

I would like to ask you 2 questions:

1.       About arphole: In the arp_processor() function there is an "if" statement which verify 3 conditions. One of them is that spa (source protocol address) should be equal to INADDR_ANY which is 0.0.0.0 and this never happens. From my understanding, if the spa could be any address there is no need to test this condition. Is this right?

2.       About dhcpcd01 and dhcpcd02: RTEMS Tester gives a timeout error as a result. I think this is because no exit() call happens. Dhcpcd creates a file under /var/db/dhcpcd_<ifname>.lease after obtaining a lease. Maybe this could be used as exit condition in test_main() in case of dhcpcd02. A similar solutions could be implemented for the dhcp hook in dhcpcd01 but instead of printing out the environment variables, writing them into a file and checking whether this file exists in test_main(). What do you think?

Please let me know if you have any suggestion.

Thanks for your help,
Gabriel

Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR)
Simulation and Software Technology | Lilienthalplatz 7 | 38108 Braunschweig  | Germany

Dipl.-Ing Gabriel Moyano | Research Scientist in Onboard Software Systems group
DLR.de<http://www.dlr.de/>