discussion related to source for porting headers and methods to RTEMS and newlib

Eshan Dhawan eshandhawan51 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 21:49:04 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,
I have identified sources to port headers and methods to RTEMS and Newlib.
I have given priority to FreeBSD for the choice of source. But method not
present in FreeBSD can be ported from alternative sources like NetBSD and
musl.

-> Missing methods of math.h: I have compiled a list of methods and their
sources. Some need to be implemented from scratch.
list: Math.h missing functions
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xwbbkFkwBpVY7AKrP6zkzuDwOspN3tloVvAF4oHoBDQ/edit?usp=sharing>

-> sys/ipc.h: This header and its function can be ported from FreeBSD.
ipc.h : https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/blob/master/sys/sys/ipc.h
ftok.c: https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/blob/master/lib/libc/gen/ftok.c

->fmtmsg.h: its implementation is also present in FreeBSD.
https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/blob/master/include/fmtmsg.h
https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/blob/master/lib/libc/gen/fmtmsg.c
<https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/blob/master/include/fmtmsg.h>

->spawn.h: Its implementation is in FreeBSD.
https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/blob/master/lib/libc/gen/posix_spawn.c

-> pselect() from <sys/select.h> : its implementation is also from FreeBSD
https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/blob/master/lib/libc/sys/pselect.c

-> confstr() from <unistd.h>: Its implementation is from FreeBSD
https://github.com/udp/freebsd-libc/blob/master/gen/confstr.c.

I would like everyone to review it and provide your suggestions.

Thanks
-Eshan