most straightforward linux host development machine for RTEMS

jmillard at sprynet.com jmillard at sprynet.com
Wed May 13 23:45:14 UTC 2020

I'm a linux newbie and picked Centos, somewhat at random. I encounter a
continuing list of mostly small differences and incompatibilities.
Everything builds now. The last and most serious is that qemu is now a
full-featured vm manager and the manual for using it is far beyond what
RTEMS needs. I am sorting through this, but .

What linux is middle of the road for RTEMS? Using CygWin and MinGW has its
own issues and I would much rather work on linux.

Thanks,

John

Where there are tools, a will, and a will to build tools there is a way.