most straightforward linux host development machine for RTEMS

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Fri May 15 22:53:07 UTC 2020

Hi John,

I prefer Ubuntu. I use an LTS release, and they offer upgrade paths
directly from LTS->LTS that seems to work so far. I haven't too much
experience with other distros besides Centos and Fedora. Centos lags a
bit far behind sometimes, with its long release cycles, and can be
challenging to configure as a development environment. Fedora moves
too quick for my taste.

Gedare