[rtems/rsb]: Adding PTP support to RSB [GSoC 2020]

Vijay Kumar Banerjee vijay at rtems.org
Tue May 19 19:45:00 UTC 2020

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 12:52 AM Mritunjay Sharma
<mritunjaysharma394 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 10:09 PM Vijay Kumar Banerjee <vijay at rtems.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 7:42 PM Mritunjay Sharma
>> <mritunjaysharma394 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hello everyone,
>> >
>> > Starting this thread to discuss and give a detail of my progress in relation to
>> > my GSoC 2020 project "BSP Buildset for EPICS".
>> >
>> > It is to tell that I have worked on adding ptp2 support as suggested by mentors
>> > The implementation that I found could work was ptp2 daemon and so worked with
>> > it.
>> >
>> > I added these files:
>> > rsb/rtems/config/net/ptpd-2.3-1.cfg
>> > rsb/rtems/config/net/ptpd.bset
>> > rsb/source-builder/config/ptpd-2.1.cfg
>> >
>> > I am attaching the .diff file and the bug that I have encountered in the
>> > respective txt file and will like the help of mentors in trying to help me
>> > fix it.
>> >
>> Hi Mritrynjay,
>>
>> The error your are facing is here:
>> ```
>> checking whether the C compiler works... no
>> configure: error: in
>> `/home/mritunjay/development/rtems/rsb/rtems/build/ptpd-2.3.1-sparc-rtems5-1/build-cxc':
>> configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
>> ```
>> Looks like it's not able to find the CC properly. If I remember
>> correctly, you had a similar problem before. Do you remember how you
>> fixed that or what was missing?
>>
> Thank you so much for the help, Vijay. However, the thing that was working last time is not
> helping me this time. I am attaching the config.log as well. Hope it will help with debugging.

Thanks for the log files. From a quick look, there is one obvious
error, the linker can't find libbsd most probably because it is not
there. So, you need to remove the -lbsd option from ptpd-2-1.cfg file
LIBS value. Another thing to be noted is that there are a few errors
due to failed version checking of the sparc-rtems5-gcc, this can
probably ignored for now if removing the -lbsd option fixes your
issue.