[rtems/rsb]: Adding PTP support to RSB [GSoC 2020]

Vijay Kumar Banerjee vijay at rtems.org
Fri May 22 19:27:32 UTC 2020

On Sat, May 23, 2020, 12:26 AM Mritunjay Sharma <
mritunjaysharma394 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 1:07 AM Mritunjay Sharma <
> mritunjaysharma394 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 1:46 AM Vijay Kumar Banerjee <vijay at rtems.org>
>> wrote:

>>> like this:
>>> '/home/mritunjay/development/rtems/rsb/rtems/build/ptpd-2.3.1-sparc-rtems5-1/build-cxc'
>>> /home/mritunjay/development/rtems/rsb/rtems/build/ptpd-2.3.1-sparc-rtems5-1/do-build
>>> >

>>> The error is generally at the end of the log file. In this case, it is:
>>> ```
>>>
>>> In file included from ../../ptpd-2.3.1/src/arith.c:53:0:
>>> ../../ptpd-2.3.1/src/ptpd.h:93:10: fatal error: netinet/ip.h: No such
>>> file or directory
>>>  #include <netinet/ip.h>
>>>           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>> compilation terminated.
>>> ```
>>> This header file isn't there in the include directory. Is netinet a
>>> dependency fo ptpd? If so, you'll have to find the package that
>>> provides netinet, and add that to rsb in a similar manner as in ptpd,
>>> then you'll have to add it in the ptpd.bset .
>>>

> Hi, I am attaching netinet/ip.h file, do we need to add entire netinet
> package as ptpd?

We can't just pull one file and add it to rsb, this will make it almost
impossible to track with the upstream. It would be better to add the whole
package. Did you find the official source?

To add the package, we need to add a separate set of cfg for netinet and
then add a reference in the ptpd cfg so that it builds before ptpd. qemu or
qemu-couverture can be examples of how to add a github repository to rsb
and build it. Please have a look at them and feel free to ask if you don't
understand something (maybe in a separate thread :) )

Also, please post the source of the package that you want to add, so that
there's no objection with the source later.

Chris commented about possible errors in the script, you might have to
follow up with him to fix the issue so that you don't face any problems
later.

Best regards,
Vijay

Or there's way to add just this file. I have tried finding netinet tar