[rtems/rsb]: Adding PTP support to RSB [GSoC 2020]

Mritunjay Sharma mritunjaysharma394 at gmail.com
Fri May 22 18:56:36 UTC 2020

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 1:07 AM Mritunjay Sharma <
mritunjaysharma394 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 1:46 AM Vijay Kumar Banerjee <vijay at rtems.org>
> wrote:

>> > Thank you so much! Removing the lbsd from cfg file resloved the earlier
>> > compiler issue but now another error is coming up and it is somewhat
>> like this:
>> >  "Makefile:502: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
>> > make[1]: Leaving directory
>> '/home/mritunjay/development/rtems/rsb/rtems/build/ptpd-2.3.1-sparc-rtems5-1/build-cxc'
>> > make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>> > Makefile:412: recipe for target 'all' failed
>> > make: *** [all] Error 2
>> > shell cmd failed: /bin/sh -ex
>> /home/mritunjay/development/rtems/rsb/rtems/build/ptpd-2.3.1-sparc-rtems5-1/do-build
>> > error: building ptpd-2.3.1-sparc-rtems5-1"
>> >

>> The error is generally at the end of the log file. In this case, it is:
>> ```
>>
>> In file included from ../../ptpd-2.3.1/src/arith.c:53:0:
>> ../../ptpd-2.3.1/src/ptpd.h:93:10: fatal error: netinet/ip.h: No such
>> file or directory
>>  #include <netinet/ip.h>
>>           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> compilation terminated.
>> ```
>> This header file isn't there in the include directory. Is netinet a
>> dependency fo ptpd? If so, you'll have to find the package that
>> provides netinet, and add that to rsb in a similar manner as in ptpd,
>> then you'll have to add it in the ptpd.bset .

Hi, I am attaching netinet/ip.h file, do we need to add entire netinet
package as ptpd?
Or there's way to add just this file. I have tried finding netinet tar
package but have to satisfy myself with
just a github repo? Can it be added as source in cfg file?

Thanks,
Mritunjay