white space in build path?

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Oct 2 16:56:42 UTC 2020

On Fri, Oct 2, 2020 at 11:43 AM Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:

> Can we make spaces in paths work, or be checked/rejected, in the waf
> build without too much trouble?

I'd be prone to make it an error and not worry about it
deeper in the code. It would have to be properly quoted everywhere which
might be a burden.

Thinking broadly about paths, do we want to consider all the possible
screwups people make.

I have seen people use ~ on --prefix with the RSB. I don't
recall if Chris fixed that one or not.

What about any wildcards in the path name?

Similarly, an install path under the source tree is almost certainly wrong.

Just wondering if we should accept a lot or just error check
more aggressively and reject. Could avoid a number of odd
user reports by being more aggressive.

--joel