waf for RTEMS Applications

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Oct 9 22:26:31 UTC 2020

Hi

I decided to try this out today. The users manual is pretty good but has
some spots which lean to 5 and haven't been updated. Also mentions updating
your PATH early and isn't really needed until rtems-run can't find qemu. :)

My big questions are from this exercise are:

+ How would one use this without using git

+ Without using git submodules?

+ What if I didn't want any external network references? I don't see waf or
rtems_waf in the release image.

+ rtems-run's output seemed cryptic when it couldn't find the simulator to
run.

It was easy enough after accounting for odd 5/6 items, misc issues that are
OK for me to encounter but not a starting user, and the example worked. I
am just putting on my user hat as best I can to comment on the process.

--joel