RTEMS 5.1 pc686 BSP malloc_info problem?

Alan Cudmore alan.cudmore at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 19:16:08 UTC 2020

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 3:03 PM Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:

> On 16/10/20 5:22 am, Alan Cudmore wrote:

> > We have one active mission that uses it. I will be worth trying to
> > determine what word of memory is affected before trying to fix it,
> > since it has been operating normally for 5.5 years with the issue.
> >

> The number of bits needs to align to a value that fits the whole 32 bit mask so
> the last is used to trigger the bug.

How can I calculate this? It would be great if I could tell known
users that they don't need to worry about it.
For example, in the open source cFS bundle where I encountered the
issue, it creates an RFS formatted RAM disk that is 0x200000 bytes in
size (2 Mbytes). I would imagine that is a nice round number of bitmap
elements.

Thanks,
Alan