[rtems commit] rtems-fdt / shell - Fix string truncation warning

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Oct 15 23:36:14 UTC 2020

On 16/10/20 4:23 am, Sebastian Huber wrote:

> rtems-fdt.c, rtems-fdt-shell.c and cpukit/include/rtems/rtems-fdt.h
> seem to be dead code. They implement a shell command `fdt` but that
> command is not part of the shell nor of any macro in
> cpukit/include/rtems/shellconfig.h.

This comment is wrong and should not have been in the commit message and should
_not_ have been pushed. As I stated in my review it could be simple issue of not
being in the config file and documentation. I feel EB needs to be more
restrained in its view of what is used and not used in RTEMS and someone new the
community might be advised to take a simple approach with wording when posting
patches.

Please revert the change and then wait for the process to complete on the devel
mailing list to complete. I will ack the patches when _I_ am OK with them.

I hope you can ascertain from my comments here I am not impressed.