rtems-5.1 source code test coverage failed

smallphd at aliyun.com smallphd at aliyun.com
Fri Oct 23 02:29:32 UTC 2020

Thank you once again. Your reply is very very fast.

smallphd at aliyun.com

From: Joel Sherrill
Date: 2020-10-23 10:03
To: smallphd
CC: devel
Subject: Re: Re: rtems-5.1 source code test coverage failed
Hit send too soon

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020, 8:59 PM Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org> wrote:

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020, 8:53 PM smallphd at aliyun.com <smallphd at aliyun.com> wrote:
Thanks joel.

I google the Couverture-Qemu and find many useful document about rtems test coverage.
The conventional approach will compile source codes to create *.gcno files. But the Couverture-Qemu method needn't.
In the final report, the Couverture-Qemu method will create an annotated.html file in which the instructions are listed as "NOT EXECUTED" or executed.
The main different is only assembly language is used, while the conventional approach will list the souce code in C language.

The reports from covoar include the source code. The reports are from a developer perspective and we haven't had any feedback from iv&v folks.  If the reports don't match what you need, there is always the source code . :)

This is an area where feedback, contributions, and supporting developers is really appreciated.

And there is an RSB recipe for couverture qemu which should make it easier to build.

I'd love to see this area of our tooling and ecosystem get love and grow.  :)

--joel

smallphd at aliyun.com