Contributing to rtems

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Mon Sep 14 16:48:40 UTC 2020

Hi Zack,

Nice to see you got through that. Right now we are actually
transitioning the new build system into place. It would be great if
you can try it out now with your BSP build and report any
feedback/problems you may encounter.

BSP documentation involves a combination of looking at code or data
sheets. Some of our BSPs lack documentation. Then you can create new
documentation for example by comparing to other well-documented BSPs
and comparing the code bases. It can be a nice exercise.

We also have a discussion ongoing about coding style. There was an
idea by Peter Dufault about how we can sanity check an uncrustify
configuration. You can find/follow the thread name "New coding style
for new files?" on the mailing list from this month (September 2020).
That can give you some insight. It could be something you may be
capable of doing. That thread also contains a link to an uncrustify
configuration that was previously created to try to be consistent with
the RTEMS coding style.

Gedare