legacy stack or libbsd

Gabriel.Moyano at dlr.de Gabriel.Moyano at dlr.de
Wed Sep 16 12:58:45 UTC 2020

>On 5/8/20 2:13 pm, Gedare Bloom wrote:

>> Is it precisely no time? ;)
>
>About +/- 0, I am not sure which!

>> Is the hacked approach available, or you will get around to it eventually?
>
>I will get back around to it. There are 2 sets of changes. In PTP itself a
>change is to add kqueue support because select in libbsd does not support
>signals. The PTP code runs a number of timers and they run of an alarm signal.
>The other piece of support is to the score to bring in the FreeBSD kern_ntp
>support to sit besides the timercounters.
>
>There will be some unresolved issues like RTC driver support. I have this
>commented out as I do not need it.
>
>I would like to upstream the code however adding kqueue will trip that interface
>on FreeBSD and may be others so I am not sure how much work that will create.

Hi Chris,

We are also interested on getting running PTP on RTEMS. We can get this done in a joint effort.
Please let me know how we can help.

Best regards,
Gabriel

Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR)
Institute for Software Technology | SC-OSS | Lilienthalplatz 7 | 38108 Braunschweig  | Germany

Gabriel Moyano | Research Scientist in Onboard Software Systems group
gabriel.moyano at dlr.de
DLR.de