[rtems commit] build: Fix linker path

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sun Sep 20 23:06:49 UTC 2020

On 21/9/20 1:32 am, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> Use -B for the linker since some architectures use extra start files defined by
> the GCC specification and provided by the BSP, for example powerpc.  Start
> files are not found by -L.

This is the issue I was thinking about when we discussed the spec files the
other day. I am wondered if a linker command file could solve this without
reverting to spec files. I thought linker command files could specify these
platform specific start object files and control what happens. I however could
be wrong.

> In the long run, the GCC defined start files should be provided by GCC.  This
> is a GCC 11 topic.

It would have been good to discuss this.