Questions about waf config system: "grp" and updating configure.ac

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Apr 9 12:25:44 UTC 2021

On 09/04/2021 14:01, dufault at hda.com wrote:

> I checked all the "spec/build/bsps/ARCH/grp.yml" files and don't see anything like "variant" to restrict specifications to a subset of the BSPs in "ARCH".

This is the wrong level for BSP-specific options. You have to look for:

spec/build/bsps/ARCH/FAMILY/grp.yml

> So, instead of changing the
> "powerpc/{beatnik/haleakala,motorola_powerpc,mvme3100,mvme5500}/bsp*.yml}" files to add the build-dependency on "uid: ../../optconsolebaud" can I put it in the "spec/build/bsps/powerpc/grp.yml" file?
Actually, it would be nice if all BSPs use the same option for this
setting. However, this requires that someone has the time to convert all
console drivers to use this option. Also the removal of the old build
system is required for cleanup work like this.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER
email: sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de