Questions about waf config system: "grp" and updating configure.ac

dufault at hda.com dufault at hda.com
Fri Apr 9 12:01:58 UTC 2021

> On Apr 9, 2021, at 01:02 , Sebastian Huber <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:
>
>> 1. I changed all the "spec/build/bsps/powerpc/foo/bspfoo.yml" files (for bsp "foo", the ones that use powerpc/shared/{console.c,uart.c}) to add:
>> - role: build-dependency
>> - uid: ../../optconsolebaud
>
> if a BSP has more than one bsp*.yml file (and thus a grp.yml file), it should be added to the grp.yml file, see also:
>
> https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/eng/build-system.html#build-specification-items

I looked at that documentation.  For me it takes a while to sink in, I need to go through the steps (at least!).

I checked all the "spec/build/bsps/ARCH/grp.yml" files and don't see anything like "variant" to restrict specifications to a subset of the BSPs in "ARCH".

So, instead of changing the
"powerpc/{beatnik/haleakala,motorola_powerpc,mvme3100,mvme5500}/bsp*.yml}" files to add the build-dependency on "uid: ../../optconsolebaud" can I put it in the "spec/build/bsps/powerpc/grp.yml" file?

Peter
Peter Dufault

This email is delivered through the public internet using protocols subject to interception and tampering.