tcpreplay for testing network stacks

Vijay Kumar Banerjee vijay at rtems.org
Tue Apr 27 16:48:55 UTC 2021

Hi,

I came across the tcpreplay tool and it looks like a nice tool for testing
the network stacks. It can be used to capture network traffic and then play
it back, this will help with testing the network packets from different
network stacks.

My proposal is to add the tcpreply as a host-side tool in rtems-tools and
use it with the network interface where the network application is running.
The only issue that I see with the whole idea is that the tcpreplay is
GPLv3 licensed. Will that be compatible for rtems-tools? The github
repository says that it's compatible with UNIX and Windows with cygwin.

Source repository: https://github.com/appneta/tcpreplay

Thoughts and suggestions are much appreciated.

Best regards,
Vijay