Issues with rtems_waf on Windows 10 with gccdeps module

Vijay Kumar Banerjee vijay at rtems.org
Thu Apr 29 22:30:47 UTC 2021

Hi all,

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 3:01 PM Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:

> On 30/4/21 5:01 am, Robin Müller wrote:
> > Yes that is the prefix. The rtems.h file is definitely located at the location
> > in the warning and it works on older commit of rtems_waf (where gccdeps.py is
> > not used).
> > I briefly looked through the gccdeps.py file and it is doing some string
> > stripping operations.
> > Maybe that is the issue but I am not sure.
>
> Thank you for debugging this and I agree it look like something is a little off
> in gccdeps.

Yes, I had a patch for that but I think there was a discussion
upstream between ita1024 and Chris and the conclusion was that the
patch won't be accepted. I can't find it right now but I could fix
this problem by using find_or_declare.

@Robin: Please try to use the find function and see if it fixes.
Here's an example that worked quite nicely in rtems-examples:
https://git.rtems.org/rtems-examples/tree/filesystem/fat_ramdisk/wscript#n34

Best regards,
Vijay