RTEMS Tools on 5 release can't be build with modern LLVM

Christian MAUDERER christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de
Mon Aug 16 14:49:26 UTC 2021

Hello,

I noted that I can't build the RTEMS 5 toolchain if I have a modern LLVM
installed using the RTEMS source builder. Therefore I would like to
backport the patch 37ad446d9dce3 ([1]) to the 5 branch. Is that OK? If
someone acknowledges it, I would do the following steps without further
review (but of course with testing):

1. Create a ticket for the problem.
2. In rtems-tools: Cherry pick the patch 37ad446d9dce3 to the 5 branch.
3. In rtems-source-builder: Backport the patch 91932d0a0 [2] to the 5
branch (or rather re-create it because it will be a different commit and
a different hash).

Best regards

Christian

[1]