New validation test suites

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Dec 13 14:53:07 UTC 2021

Hello,

the ESA activity to pre-qualify parts of RTEMS according to ECSS
requirements is nearly complete. There is a short presentation available
here:

https://indico.esa.int/event/374/timetable/

We finished the specification of the pre-qualified RTEMS feature set.
The specification is available in an RTEMS Project repository:

https://git.rtems.org/rtems-central/tree/spec

The validation tests are generated from the specification using the
"./spec2modules.py" script and end up in the RTEMS sources of a Git
submodule. I think the specification and the generation tool is now
sufficiently stable so that the validation test code can be integrated
in the RTEMS master branch. The patch set is too big for the mailing
list, so you can review it here:

https://git.rtems.org/sebh/rtems.git/log/?h=validation

https://github.com/sebhub/rtems/tree/validation

The patch set is organized so that general support code for the
validation tests is added first and then there are commits for each
pre-qualified Classic API Manager or subsystem.

I did build all BSPs with the patch set. The validation tests use only
statically allocated resources. Some low memory targets are not able to
link all test suites.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER