New validation test suites

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Mon Dec 13 21:01:18 UTC 2021

On 14/12/21 1:53 am, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the ESA activity to pre-qualify parts of RTEMS according to ECSS requirements is
> nearly complete. There is a short presentation available here:
>
> https://indico.esa.int/event/374/timetable/

Was the change in memory usage for 4.8 of 23812 bytes to 68896 explained?
> We finished the specification of the pre-qualified RTEMS feature set. The
> specification is available in an RTEMS Project repository:
>
> https://git.rtems.org/rtems-central/tree/spec

I had a quick look. Is there a more user friendly view of this data?

I think the term "specification" is a little bit misleading because the data
files are not easily read by a person. I understand this is the specification
data set however it is not what I am traditionally use to seeing.

> The validation tests are generated from the specification using the
> "./spec2modules.py" script and end up in the RTEMS sources of a Git submodule. I
> think the specification and the generation tool is now sufficiently stable so
> that the validation test code can be integrated in the RTEMS master branch. The
> patch set is too big for the mailing list, so you can review it here:
>
> https://git.rtems.org/sebh/rtems.git/log/?h=validation

The link failed.

> https://github.com/sebhub/rtems/tree/validation

The header in a test says the regeneration instructions are in the engineering
manual but I could not quickly find them?

> The patch set is organized so that general support code for the validation tests
> is added first and then there are commits for each pre-qualified Classic API
> Manager or subsystem.
>
> I did build all BSPs with the patch set. The validation tests use only
> statically allocated resources.

Are the validation tests compatible with rtems-test?

How many test executables does this add to the testsuite?

What hardware have the validation tests been run on? Any tier 1 archs?

Is there anything that interprets the new test output format? It looks like lots
of great info but a little difficult to read.

> Some low memory targets are not able to link all test suites.

Are these excluded in the normal way?