Coverity Unchecked Return Value Issues

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Mon Feb 8 18:59:24 UTC 2021

On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 12:39 PM Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 8, 2021 at 11:24 AM Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> There are more than a couple of these. in our set of CIDs. I am wondering
>> if these can be addressed with a macro like this:
>>
>> #define _IGNORED_RETURN_STATUS(_status, _ok) \
>>   do { \
>>     _Assert((_status) == (_ok)); \
>>

> Can you also pass the comparison? I guess it would usually be ==, but it
> could be != sometimes? I think that is the main challenge here.

How about 2 macro names? One for positive and one for negative

_IGNORE_RETURN_STATUS_EQ
_IGNORE_RETURN_STATUS_NEQ

Or even _Assert_Return_status_eq and _neq. I'd like these to be candidates
for our internal assert.h

It will end up being three arguments otherwise. It would be nice to keep it
reliably to one line.