Question regarding RSB and open projects

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Tue Feb 9 22:03:13 UTC 2021

On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 2:34 PM Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 1:28 PM Ayushman Mishra <ayushvidushi01 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Ayusman Mishra
>> 1. I was going through ticket #4145
>> (https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/4145) and tried building bsp on rtems6
>> and rtems5 both using rsb
>> (
>> https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/user/start/bsp-build.html#rsb-bsp-build
>> )
>> but got Build FAILED (it says pax is missing (configure: error: pax is
>> missing.), I have attached full error report txt file). However I did
>> build bsp erc32 and pc386 using rsb on rtems5 (first .bootstrap -c
>> sb-bootstrap then used configure file
>> ($HOME/development/rtems/rtems-5/configure --target=i386-rtems5
>> --enable-rtemsbsp=pc386 )) on rtems6 there is no sb-bootstrap file or
>> configure file present/made.
>> I wanted to know is there anyway of using RSB on rtems6.
>> Also while building different bsp toolsets for rtems (erc32/pc386) I
>> used rtems on 2 different directories , Is there any way of building
>> different BSPs on same rtems?
>>
>> 2. I went through list of open projects and found projects related to
>> testing and development of ecosystem quite interesting,
>> #3710 https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3710
>

> I recently added Automated Coverity runs. We haven't figured out how to
> scrape the coverity website and turn it into open information. I have
> exported
> the data they have but it isn't enough to be actionable. If you have some
> creative ideas here, it would be great.
>
> Coverity is being run once a day if needed so that side of automating is
> done.

We have a modeling file. It's not clear to me if we can/should add to it to
further reduce any false positives. Improving just the modeling file is not
really a GSoC-worthy project, although it could be in scope for a broader
Coverity-related project, perhaps one that creates a tool to help port
Coverity defects from Scan into Trac tickets.