Standalone repository for libnetworking stack

Vijay Kumar Banerjee vijay at rtems.org
Thu Feb 25 17:49:42 UTC 2021

Hi,

The stand-alone repository is very close to completion now and I could
use the networking01 test with the standalone repo and it successfully
runs on pc-qemu. The following are the links to the branches with the
final version of the commits and I would really appreciate a review
and suggestions on what else needs to be done (I'm not sending patches
as they're big and would hit the devel limit):

RTEMS: https://git.rtems.org/vijay/rtems.git/log/?h=devel-no-libnet
rtems-net-legacy: https://git.rtems.org/vijay/rtems-net-legacy.git/log/?h=main

There are at least two things that need to be done:
1. Shift the tests like mghttpd01 that use the libnetworking stack, to
the standalone repo like networking01
2. There are still codes that use the #ifdef RTEMS_NETWORKING. What do
we want to do about those?

Apart from these two points above, do the commits and the standalone
repo look OK (close to mergeable)?

Best regards,
Vijay