Release notes generator?

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Jan 21 22:45:52 UTC 2021

On 22/1/21 5:49 am, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 21/01/2021 18:26, Chris Johns wrote:
>
>> On 21/1/21 8:25 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>>> where can I find the release notes generator which produced for example:
>>>
>>> https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/5/5.1/rtems-5.1-release-notes.pdf
>>>
>>> I looked a bit around in rtems-tools and rtems-release, but didn't find
>>> anything.
>>>
>> https://git.rtems.org/rtems-release/tree/rtems-release-notes
>>
>> It requires a valid page in wiki to generate the Trac query and so the output.
>> It is nothing more than a scripted HTML to PDF script.
> Ok, so it uses the Trac wiki to query the Trac database and not some REST API?

Does Trac support a REST API?

I would like to find a better way to do this without reaching into the Trac
database. There was a GSoC project a couple of years ago that developed some
python to parse the data using one of the export formats Trac provides. The
final part of that project is to take the python dict data and to generate ReST
format output however that task sits in the queue of things to do. The
motivation behind this was access to all the ticket data such as a comments. I
think a Trac query page was still needed.