libbsd: Network interface is not configured

Vijay Kumar Banerjee vijay at rtems.org
Wed Jul 7 19:05:24 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I'm working on adding a nexus device driver for uC5282, and I got as
far as getting the telnetd started on port 23, and I can ping the
loopback interface. However, the test apps were crashing before I made
some environment variable changes, so I'm assuming that the "Network
interface is not configured" might be a configuration issue as well.

The error I'm getting:
err: fec0: ipv4_sendrawpacket: Network interface is not configured

ifconfig:
SHLL [/] # ifconfig
fec0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
        ether 00:06:3b:02:cd:1b
        inet6 fe80::206:3bff:fe02:cd1b%fec0 prefixlen 64 tentative scopeid 0x1
        nd6 options=21<PERFORMNUD,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>
lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 16384
        options=680003<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,LINKSTATE,RXCSUM_IPV6,TXCSUM_IPV6>
        inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xffffff00
        inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128
        inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x2
        nd6 options=21<PERFORMNUD,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>
        groups: lo

relevant environment variables:
HWADDR0=00:06:3B:02:CD:1B
FW_VERSION=010810003
_0=10000000:400000:RW
RAMIMAGE=yes
CACHE=on
NETMAST=255.255.255.0
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
IP_GATEWAY=255.255.255.0
TFTPSERVER=192.168.100.1
TFTPIMAGE=image.cramfs
HOSTNAME=coldfire
SERVER=10.0.0.161
NAMESERVER=10.0.0.167
IPADDR0=10.0.0.27
IPADDR0_100FULL=y

Any suggestion or help in getting it running is much appreciated.

Also, I do not have a JTAG emulator supported for MCF5282, so it's a
bit difficult to debug on the board. Any advice on debugging will also
be very helpful.

Best regards,
Vijay