ttcp only on 6-freebsd-12 and not on master of libbsd

Christian Mauderer oss at c-mauderer.de
Sat Jul 24 16:30:29 UTC 2021

Hello Joel,

On 24/07/2021 18:18, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 24, 2021, 10:19 AM Christian Mauderer <oss at c-mauderer.de
> <mailto:oss at c-mauderer.de>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     in a discussion with Husni I noted that the patches adding ttcp are
>     only
>     on the 6-freebsd-12 branch of libbsd. Is there a reason that they are
>     not on master too?
>

> Yes but forgetting isn't a good reason. I know I have a recent patch so
> apps using C99 or C++03 can compile using libbsd missing also. I will
> survey OAR and make sure we catch up.

I missed something like that in the past too and I will miss it in the
future. And I'm sure that I have some on master that are not on
6-freebsd-12. So no problem. Just wanted to check that there is no other
reason.

By the way: Please tell me if you find patches that I missed ;-)

> Is there any reason rtemsbsd/ just shouldn't be the same?

Most of it most likely is the same. But there are differences. Some of
them might shouldn't be there but they are there. Try to checkout master
and do a

    git diff 6-freebsd-12 -- rtemsbsd/

I don't think that someone wants to clean that up on an update.

Best regards

Christian